Friday, August 3, 2012

virus or no virus

I remember sitting in freshman health class and we watched a video about the Ebola virus (I don't remember why) but I remember thinking wow, good thing I'm never going to Africa. I forgot about that until today. Today I received official notice from the ministry I'm working with that there is an Ebola outbreak in Uganda. There's only been 1 case in Kampala (where I'll be) and it was someone who came in to go to the hospital. Ebola transmission is similar to HIV. I obviously have already planned to be cautious about that so I'm not concerned. The ministry said if they become concerned about risk they will send me home and hunker down with the kids.
I will probably just leave early for Tanzania depending on the circumstances. WHO and CDC are involved. WHO has not placed any travel restrictions on Uganda. I'm not concerned about this but I did want to share with you who are supporting me in prayer how to be praying.
Thank you for supporting me and lifting me up!
Ok that was a nice little break, time to get back to packing.

No comments: