Saturday, January 9, 2010

So THAT's the big picture...

So I was reading "A Hole in Our Gospel" by Richard Stearns, the President of World Vision and all of it makes sense now.
He was talking about this time of desert land he went through in his life with 14 months of unemployment, in today's economy that doesn't sound like much now, but during that time he learned to depend on God fully as he studied the Israelites and how it took the Israelites 40 years to learn to trust God for that manna.
I was turning this over in my mind, all the while for a few days now I've been trying to figure out why it feels wrong to pray that God will provide for my trip. I know He is the great provider and that after all this He will provide, so then I know I should be praying about this issue... but maybe not in this way.
So then it sudenly hit me. I need to be praying for FAITH that God will provide not so much that He will provide, and as I do that I am already thanking Him for the miracle that I know he put into motion before I even thought I was going to Uganda. I just need to wait.... faithfully.

So please pray with me that I will have faith.

1 comment:

heatherolewiler said...

oh nicole, this is exactly what i have been learning recently too. :) it's so kind when God shows you something like this, such as praying for faith, not money for a trip. thanks for writing. :)