Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Teacher... me?

Pain is better today, praise God!
A unique answer to my prayers about making progress towards the goals necessary to get to medical school. I will be homeschooling one of the kids I tutor as of Monday. CRAZY. I know God has plans for this experience beyond just making money to pay off my debt. Beyond obviously changing this kid's life forever... I think the teaching experience will somehow play into my future. I made my first lesson plans tonight. I had to come up with the list of stuff he needs for his parents. I'm excited to see the changes in him. He's so far behind in school it has effected his self- esteem, he's depressed, and is headed towards a bad future with a bad attitude. It's so cool that I get to be the cross roads. The major problems should fix fast, which will be fun to watch.
Many new exciting things to look forward to in the coming months, including, Lord willing, getting better!

No comments: